Ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ethernet backhaul
Ethernet backhaul
2024-01-07 13:54:31 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:06:07
Tags: #EasyMesh #Coverage
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Beta 1.2.6

Can I create an easymesh backhaul network without the main and satellite routers having coverage between each other?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Ethernet backhaul -Solution
2024-01-07 15:14:07 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:06:07

@DiegoJR 

Hi,

I've confirmed the following method works with two Archer C64 routers. This method should work with the other models as well, because I saw it mentioned in one of TP-Link's articles.

1) As usual, perform a Factory Reset on the router that is to become an EasyMesh Satellite. (press the button on the rear of the router for at least 5 seconds)
2) Plug the Ethernet cable that is coming over from the Main EasyMesh router into one of the LAN ports of the router that is to become an EasyMesh Satellite. 
3) Wait around 20 seconds. (10 s should also be enough, but just to be safe)
4) On the EasyMesh Satellite router pull the Ethernet cable from the LAN port and then plug it into its WAN port.

Done.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Ethernet backhaul -Solution
2024-01-07 15:14:07 - last edited 2024-01-31 08:06:07

@DiegoJR 

Hi,

I've confirmed the following method works with two Archer C64 routers. This method should work with the other models as well, because I saw it mentioned in one of TP-Link's articles.

1) As usual, perform a Factory Reset on the router that is to become an EasyMesh Satellite. (press the button on the rear of the router for at least 5 seconds)
2) Plug the Ethernet cable that is coming over from the Main EasyMesh router into one of the LAN ports of the router that is to become an EasyMesh Satellite. 
3) Wait around 20 seconds. (10 s should also be enough, but just to be safe)
4) On the EasyMesh Satellite router pull the Ethernet cable from the LAN port and then plug it into its WAN port.

Done.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Ethernet backhaul
2024-01-19 01:08:31

@woozle Thank you, after several minutes, it was working correctly.

Another question: how do I find out when there is new beta firmware for the AX55?

Greetings.

Options
Re:Ethernet backhaul
2024-01-19 14:16:32

@woozle 

Hello, I correct my previous answer: My mesh structure is as follows: An AX55 V1 (beta firmware 1.2.6 from December 4) as the main router, an AX 23 V1.20 (firmware 1.1.0) satellite backhaul, another router AX 23 V1.20 (firmware 1.1.0) satellite without ethernet, all this works perfectly, I can restart any of them and after a few minutes, everything is still working OK. Yesterday I connected the third satellite AX 55 V1 (beta firmware 1.2.6 from December 4) via ethernet backhaul and it worked fine until the main router automatically rebooted as scheduled. The third satellite never reconnected with the main router, it does not work well with ethernet backhaul, connecting the UTP cable in WAN or LAN. 
Greetings.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 513

Replies: 3

Tags

EasyMesh
Coverage
Related Articles