TL-WR940N Wireless N Router keeps disconnecting - unstable wi-fi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-12 14:22:57
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 3.20.1 Build 220801 Rel.34882n (4555)
Firmware Version:

3.20.1 Build 220801 Rel.34882n (4555)

Hardware Version:

WR940N v6 00000000

enough said. I have already tried everything suggested by TP-Link support and community to stabilize the connection. Changed all the settings, updated the firmware. Name one, already done. No luck.

This TP Link 450 thing is wired (ethernet cable) connected to the network operator's Modem Router wi-fi, extremely stable. 

TP-Link's Wi-Fi connection is frustrating. It is unstable and disconnects my devices multiple times a day, dropping work video calls and forcing me to connect to the operator's router, which is on the upper floor of the house and has a weaker signal (but rock solid). 

I assume that the only option is to throw it away and buy a serious hardware BUT should you have any idea , more than happy to the last attempt before tossing this poc away

Thanks. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-WR940N Wireless N Router keeps disconnecting - unstable wi-fi
2024-01-12 14:37:53

@Walter_dh 

Are you using the TL-WR940N in access point mode ?

As for its optimal wirelss settings I would suggest the following:

There could be a strong wireless interference arround you - scan the 2.4GHz band with Wi-Fi Analyzer app and select the least crowded wireless channel among (1, 6 and 11).

Wireless security:

Don't forget to click "Save" button on the bottom of the page.

Test the router behavior and if the issue pesists you could start looking arround for a newer, dual-band router model.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-01-12 14:47:06

@terziyski thanks mate

already done.

Actually I tried ALL the channels and all the modes (N, B, G, mixed) and all the combinations of these factors, no improvement. There are no intererferences at home. I mean , nothing weirddì

In the middle of any office call, bang, the wifi connection drops , no internet connection, and I have to quickly switch network to rejoin the call.

It's frustrating, and honeslty it's unacceptable. At the end of the days, this piece of plastic is a wireless router, not a coffee machine, so my expectation is that it provides, well, wireless connection. 

Options
2024-01-15 16:52:12

any suggestion will be appreciated

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 576

Replies: 3

Related Articles