Connecting Deco M5 to Openreach ONT box directly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-18 10:00:22
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I had connected Deco M5 directly to the ONT box and all was working fine for several months.  Then the internet connection had a problem and I had to reconnect to Vodafone router to resolve the issue.  After it was sorted, I connected directly to the oNT box but Deco no longer seems to get the internet connection (all works fine if I use Deco with Vodafone router). 

Looks like some settings may not be correct but I am not sure what to try.  Would appreciate your help in getting this resolved as I do not want to use Vodafone router.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting Deco M5 to Openreach ONT box directly
2024-01-19 08:10:20

@DMKKG 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you ever checked with Vofadone about what they might have changed during the network maintenance? maybe a new pair of username and password?

Do you use "Dynamic IP" or "PPPOE" when Deco M5 is connected to the ONT directly?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-01-19 09:29:01
Username and password have not changed. These are the settings I had used: PPPoE VLAN 911 MTU 1480
Options
2024-01-19 11:47:54

@David-TP 

According to Vodafone I should Set Encapsulation/protocol = PPPoA or PPP over ATM but neither of them seem to be available on the M5.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 3

Related Articles