Connecting mesh system to Vodafone router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-18 20:10:05

I am a total novice and have recently upgraded to Vodafone pro. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a step by step guide to set up my deco M5 mesh system with the Vodafone THG3000 hub? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting mesh system to Vodafone router
2024-01-19 07:08:29 - last edited 2024-01-19 07:08:45

@PAEB 

Hi, THG3000 hub is a wireless router as well. Do you want to connect Deco M5 behind THG3000 hub?

If yes, we usually suggest setting Deco into Access Point mode and then turning off the Wi-Fi on the THG3000 hub.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-01-19 07:20:48

@David-TP thank you for your reply. The Vodafone boosters that we currently have drop out consistently. I was hoping to set up a mesh without running cables to my home office. Is it a better option to change out the standard Vodafone router to enable deco to act as a mesh? 

Options
2024-01-19 09:13:34

@PAEB 

Hi, I see there is a 1*WAN and DSL port on Vodafone WiFi Hub.

Please make sure the Internet Openreach Box or ONT box used to be connected to the WAN port.

Then we can disconnect the Vodafone THG3000 hub and connect the Openreach Box or ONT box to one of the Ethernet ports on Deco M5.

During the setup, usually "PPPOE" is selected as the internet connection type and you might need to input the PPPOE username and password from Vodafone.

How to Set up a third party router with vodafone

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1063

Replies: 3

Related Articles