Wi-Fi super slow after latest firmware update (X90)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-24 09:20:29 - last edited 2024-01-25 08:36:54
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231225 Rel. 33179

I have a mesh with three Deco X90s (one of which is my main) and four Deco M5s. Maybe a bit overkill, but this setup has worked fine for several years.

A couple of days ago, I upgraded firmware on the X90s, and since then my wifi speed is broken. I have a 1000/1000 Mbps connection (from which I usually can get 300-500 Mbps at least). Now I get 5-20 Mbps download and often < 1Mbps upload. It's a radical difference, and clearly happened at the time of the X90 firmware upgrade.

The drop in speed isn't completely consistent -- it does happen that I get a high speed when testing (although not more than 1 out of 5 tries). Also, when using a cable, I consistently get the old performance, so it's not related to my broadband connection.

Please help.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wi-Fi super slow after latest firmware update (X90)-Solution
2024-01-25 08:21:06 - last edited 2024-01-25 08:22:01

I found the problem, and just want to document that here. Yesterday, I looked through every single setting in the app. 

The QoS (Quality of Service) setting was turned ON, and the bandwidth limits were set to download 10mbps, upload 0.1mpbs(!). I'm 100% sure that wasn't the case before the latest upgrade, simply because the Wi-Fi has pretty much been unusable since then. I don't know if the upgrade turned QoS on and the settings were already low, or if the upgrade turned the settings to the low numbers, or both. (My guess would be that the settings were already low, since I have a vague memory of playing around with low bandwidth behavior a couple of years ago, but in that case, the upgrade turned QoS on.)

Anyway, problem solved.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi super slow after latest firmware update (X90)-Solution
2024-01-25 08:21:06 - last edited 2024-01-25 08:22:01

I found the problem, and just want to document that here. Yesterday, I looked through every single setting in the app. 

The QoS (Quality of Service) setting was turned ON, and the bandwidth limits were set to download 10mbps, upload 0.1mpbs(!). I'm 100% sure that wasn't the case before the latest upgrade, simply because the Wi-Fi has pretty much been unusable since then. I don't know if the upgrade turned QoS on and the settings were already low, or if the upgrade turned the settings to the low numbers, or both. (My guess would be that the settings were already low, since I have a vague memory of playing around with low bandwidth behavior a couple of years ago, but in that case, the upgrade turned QoS on.)

Anyway, problem solved.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 442

Replies: 1

Related Articles