AX50 Parental controls working intermittent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-03 16:41:41
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20240108 rel.42655

Hi!

Defined parental controls for group of 2 PCs, for some reason the clients are not treated equally. In several occarsions rules work properly only for one device and  the device treated properly changes. One day during bedtime one is blocked, other is not. Then at some point rules seem to wrok and couple of days later when I raise restrictions, the changes are working only on one of the devices. Both devices are almost identical, same model and same OS.

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX50 Parental controls working intermittent
2024-02-04 05:44:40

@Lwns 

Hi, the two PCs are in the same parental control profile, right? 

Please check if any of them is using random MAC address or VPN connection, If so, try disable them and check again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-04 08:55:42

@Sunshine 

Definelty not using VPN, need to check the random MAC thing.

Options
2024-02-04 15:06:43

@Sunshine, Don't see a place where the MAC randomization could take place (Checked windows help and I'm unable to locate the setting seems to be disabled/hidden), also the MAC is matching the one in rule. Actually connection seems to be available, as I'm free to browse, still wifi indicatoor states no connection and while trying to use the wireless login page, I'm redirected to parental control restriction page. 

Options
2024-02-04 16:56:13 - last edited 2024-02-04 17:36:34

@Lwns 

Here's the setting you're looking for (Windows 10):

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-02-04 17:35:12

@terziyski nope, it's not there. Maybe a hardware sependant option, which is not available. It's a rather old pc.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1192

Replies: 5

Related Articles