Urgent feature request: MAC address whitelist

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-20 06:30:46 - last edited 2024-02-21 01:00:45
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135(4555)

Hi TP Link team,

I have a new AX55 with HomeShield subscription. My children are able to get around their profiles by enabling 'Private WiFi Address' on their iPhones because then the iPhone chooses a random MAC address and keeps changing it. With a new MAC address their iPhone is then able to have full access to the internet and the whole parental control feature is passed by.

Every iPhone these days has this feature on by default and the only way to get around it is by disabling it so the iPhone gets a static mac address and adding this mac address to a whitelist in parental control. But there does not seem to be a MAC whitelist in Tether/HomeShield!

Am I missing something? If so, please tell me if there is a way I can keep protecting my children's internet access. If there is indeed no whitelist, can you please add it to the desired feature list? I am sure many other people are facing the same problem.

Thank you and best regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:Urgent feature request: MAC address whitelist
2024-02-21 09:21:10

@bsvm 

Hi, please follow this guide to enable Access Control and set Whitelist: How to configure Access Control on the Wi-Fi Routers

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options