Deco X20 lost wifi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-24 11:59:33
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

I am having problems with the WiFi connection with the Deco X20. I had the Deco M4R before, which worked perfectly, but because I now have faster internet from my provider, I also had to use faster internet. WiFi often drops out and the network is often not visible. Wired everything works. I have already contacted Tp-Link several times by email, but the ticked is closed very quickly, so the problem is not resolved. I still have the receipt to use the warranty. I personally have the impression that the WiFi module of one of the deco's is defective. I have many lines in the log every day with daemon.err nrd[7866] and daemon.err uhttpd[5783].
Anyone have a solution?

Setup:
Deco X20 version 3
Deco 1 is connected by wire to the modem
Deco 2 is connected by wire to Deco 1
Deco 3 is wirelessly connected to Deco 2

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20 lost wifi connection
2024-02-26 07:08:35

@Walter2020 

Hi, Have you tried to set a different Deco as the main Deco?

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Can I have the model number of the mobile devices that dropped out frequently?

Did it help if we try to set seperate SSIDs for 2.4 GHz and 5GHz, such as the main network SSID for 5GHz only, then IOT network SSID for 2.4GHz only?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco X20 lost wifi connection
2024-02-26 17:22:53

@David-TP 

Hi, Have you tried to set a different Deco as the main Deco?

yes, I have tried all three deco's once as main deco, unfortunately this does not solve the problem.

Can I have the model number of the mobile devices that dropped out frequently?

uhm, all my devices that are on WiFi indicate that there is no network. Samsung washing machine, iPhone 15 pro, iPhone 13 pro, iPhone 14, iPad Pro, iPad 2018, iPad 2020, Eneco Toon, Philips Hue bridge, Ring doorbell, Ring stickup cam, Ring indoor cam and many more devices.. The WiFi is just completely gone until I restart the decos or network.

Did it help if we try to set seperate SSIDs for 2.4 GHz and 5GHz, such as the main network SSID for 5GHz only, then IOT network SSID for 2.4GHz only?

No, this makes no difference. The WiFi remains unstable and drops out. This is really annoying and not what I am used to.
You would say that if you buy newer and faster deco's, it will work just as well as the previous Deco's (Deco M4R AC 1200)

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 253

Replies: 2

Related Articles