Deco X20 and M5 and IoT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X20 and M5 and IoT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco X20 and M5 and IoT
Deco X20 and M5 and IoT
2024-03-01 02:07:16
Model: Deco X20-DSL   Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: X20 1.0.12, M5 1.7.4

Hi, initial setup was 3 x M5. setup went fine and I configured the IoT network via the Deco app on iphone. Next I purchased a deco X20 DSL.

Setup went fine and previously configured networks were still maintained during change of main router. However now I cannot find the app options for configuring the IoT network.

IoT network is still operational and being broadcast for new clients. Can anyone advise how I can manage this wireless network (eg change password)?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20 and M5 and IoT
2024-03-10 16:17:25
I have exactly this problem too. Super frustrating that adding a newer Deco to an existing M5 setup ends up reducing the features uou have. While we wait for an updated firmware, I’ve temporarily set the guest WiFi to the same SSID and password as the old IoT network. Has the added benefit of actual VLAN separation too.
Options
Re:Deco X20 and M5 and IoT
2024-03-11 23:17:28

@RichyS thanks for the post.

With your config, does it require you to connect to the guest vlan to manage your IoT devices/gateways? or have you bridged the 2 networks?

Also, tp-link advised I could set an M5 as primary, but not keen to try this without knowing result. Do you think this would work to have M5 as main router, and ensure Internet connection would be maintained when using X20 as VDSL router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 349

Replies: 2

Related Articles