wifi/mesh not stable

wifi/mesh not stable
wifi/mesh not stable
2024-03-20 22:15:45
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20240119 Rel. 37701

Hi everyone,

I purchased a system described above, but I've been experiencing a lot of stability issues with the Wi-Fi/mesh network. EVERY time we're on a video call, whether it's through Messenger, WhatsApp, Teams, etc., the mesh devices stop broadcasting the network after about 5 minutes, and the devices lose internet connection. When we end the video calls, everything returns to normal with the mesh devices.

I have made several tests but with out any success.

any sugestion?

thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:wifi/mesh not stable
2024-03-22 09:58:24

@RogerCosta 

Hi, welcome to the community.

"EVERY time we're on a video call, whether it's through Messenger, WhatsApp, Teams, etc., the mesh devices stop broadcasting the network after about 5 minutes"

Can the wireless signal of Deco still be detected under the WLAN settings?

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue on multiple devices?

- Do you have an Ethernet-connect device and would it also drop the connection during the video call?

By the way, have you noticed any change in the LED status of Deco?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:wifi/mesh not stable
2024-03-22 10:05:24

@RogerCosta does every device in the house stop working or just the video device you're on? I'm in the UK and I had to disable WiFi calling on my phone because when the device hopped to another node as I walked about the house it would cause the connection to drop for a few seconds and reconnect. Have you tried disabling the mesh function for your device in the Deco app to see if that stops the devices cutting out after 5mins?

XE75 V1.0 3-pack / Wired backhaul / Router mode / UK
Options