Too many message on the log and Internet not stable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-02 10:37:41 - last edited 2021-03-02 12:20:16
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20201013

Hello Everyone,

I am having a huge log message on the device.

These are the errors:

daemon.err client_mgmt: client(zz-zz-zz-zz-zz-zz) not found in arp table disconnect_counter=0
daemon.err miniupnpd[32469]: sendto(udp_notify=12, [::1]): Address not available

user.err IMPROXY: ERROR[send_igmp_mld_query@293]: sendto failed

daemon.err uhttpd[3265]: ath22 no frequency information.

daemon.err uhttpd[3265]:

daemon.err client_mgmt: wireless client associate or disassociate.

daemon.err client_mgmt: client_mac:zz-zz-zz-zz-zz-zz, client_ifname:ath0, client_action:associate

daemon.err client_mgmt: client(zz-zz-zz-zz-zz-zz) assocaite by if(ath0).
user.err IMPROXY: ERROR[send_igmp_mld_query@293]: sendto failed
user.notice IMPROXY: INFO[imp_verify_multicast_addr@245]: Group address 224.0.0.251 is Local Network Control Block
user.warn IMPROXY: WARNING[mcast_recv_igmp@753]: Don't exist this Downstream VIF

So, these errors are repeated on 100 pages in only 3 days of usage of the devices.

I thrink these errors are making the internet unstable.

Also, I don't know if there is a way to configure the device from the PC instead of from the smartphone. It is problematic to have to use the smartphone only.

I will be looking forward to see if any of you have experience this error. 
Thank you a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Alexis Meneses

Options
4 Reply
Re:Too many message on the log and Internet not stable
2021-07-05 07:50:24

@alexjose70 I am getting similar.

I have installed two Deco S4's onto my network using a Virgin Hub 2 in Modem mode (as everyone says this is how to fix the Virgin issues I was seeing), and yet I get the following errors consistently:

Mon Jul  5 08:19:00 2021 daemon.err nrd[27443]: send ioctl failed
Mon Jul  5 08:19:01 2021 cron.info crond[26968]: crond: USER root pid 19524 cmd /usr/sbin/smart_home_schedule
Mon Jul  5 08:19:01 2021 cron.info crond[26968]: crond: USER root pid 19525 cmd /sbin/pctl_log_update
Mon Jul  5 08:19:15 2021 daemon.err nrd[27443]: send ioctl failed
Mon Jul  5 08:19:27 2021 user.warn IMPROXY: WARNING[mcast_recv_igmp@753]: Don't exist this Downstream VIF
Mon Jul  5 08:19:31 2021 user.notice IMPROXY: INFO[imp_verify_multicast_addr@245]: Group address 224.0.0.252 is Local Network Control Block

See these many times throughout the logs, and having a hard time figuring out what is happening.

Internet seems stable-ish, however I am trying to connect to my work's VPN connection whilst at home and it connects and then drops consistently. Annoying!

Can someone please provide explanations of the error messages? There is no consistent area of log explanations, which is driving me nuts!

Options
2021-07-06 07:14:32

@Street_Pea @alexjose70 

Hi, after checking with the senior engineers, the attached logs did not include much useful information.

So we don’t need to worry too much about these logs;

There are more details about your previous questions:

1. Deco does not support setting up via web interface and the configuration needs to be done via Deco APP;

For the unstable connection on the Deco X20-V2-1.0.5, you could pay more attention to the devices’ behavior when they are disconnected from Deco, such as

1. Would any Deco turn red, or stay green all the time?

2. how often did they drop the connection? And how did the internet recover?

For the VPN issue on the Deco S4, could you please test more devices with the Office VPN server and check whether the VPN still kept disconnecting?

And please also test the same device on a different network, like 4G mobile data, and check again for the VPN stability;

Thank you.

Options
2021-07-06 07:34:13

@TP-Link Ok, so I have an update:

We disconnected one of the two S4's on the network and rebooted the main Deco, and now (touch wood) the internet is very stable, and the work VPN seems to be stable, and has not fallen over for a while. This is promising.

My next question is then what caused this in the first place? Is there a known issue about having two (or more) S4 Deco's on the same network in close proximity? We had one Deco downstairs, and one upstairs, in opposite ends of the house, however after removing the second Deco everything stabilised.

Is there some guidance about the setting up of the S4 Deco's, in terms of placement around the area?

Thanks,

Phil

Options
2021-07-06 13:34:49 - last edited 2021-07-06 15:28:54

Street_Pea wrote

Is there some guidance about the setting up of the S4 Deco's, in terms of placement around the area?

@Street_Pea 

Basic guidance for Satellite Deco wirelessly connected to Main Deco

1. Satellite Deco unit must be placed in the middle between Main Deco and mobile devices connected to Satellite Deco. For your house, it means placing upstairs Satellite Deco in the middle of the house instead of opposite end.

Ideally, you should also place Main Deco in the middle of the downstairs, but that may not be possible due to the fact that Main Deco requires Ethernet cable connection to ISP router.

2. Satellite Deco must have good connection to Main Deco to provide quality Internet access to mobile devices. Check signal strength of Satellite Deco, it is under Signal Source for that Deco unit in Deco app. Example:

If you see similar for your Satellite Deco, it is properly placed. If you see even less bars and/or they are yellow or red, you must move Satellite Deco closer to Main Deco.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2126

Replies: 4

Related Articles