internet problem

internet problem

internet problem
internet problem
2024-03-23 00:19:34 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:30:01
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: v3

hey guys my router is starting normally but when i plug the internet cable the dsl light is on but i dont have internet 
when i try to update the router i have an error : error update due to ...

please help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:internet problem-Solution
2024-03-28 01:09:49 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:30:01

@joe0102 

No internet on DSL modem router mode:

1. Make sure the DSL/phone cable is plugged into the DSL socket on the modem.

2. Check whether there is a valid internet IP address under Advanced > Status. 

(1) If the IP address is 0.0.0.0, check with the internet service provider whether you have the correct WAN connection type, username and password etc.

(2) If the IP address is not 0.0.0.0, go to Advanced > Network > internet > internet connections > Modify and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

In addition, who is your ISP please? and what is the current firmware version of your DSL modem router?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:internet problem-Solution
2024-03-28 01:09:49 - last edited 2024-04-08 08:30:01

@joe0102 

No internet on DSL modem router mode:

1. Make sure the DSL/phone cable is plugged into the DSL socket on the modem.

2. Check whether there is a valid internet IP address under Advanced > Status. 

(1) If the IP address is 0.0.0.0, check with the internet service provider whether you have the correct WAN connection type, username and password etc.

(2) If the IP address is not 0.0.0.0, go to Advanced > Network > internet > internet connections > Modify and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

In addition, who is your ISP please? and what is the current firmware version of your DSL modem router?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 1

Related Articles