Wifi Optimisation Failed

Wifi Optimisation Failed

Wifi Optimisation Failed
Wifi Optimisation Failed
2024-04-11 09:37:58
Model: Deco M9 Plus   Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

I Recently tried to optimize my WiFi network, but get the message that Optimization failed, but interference was detected and should be addressed. 

Since it's impossible to set the WiFi Channels manually, or get any idea about the intensity of the interference (like a graph or something), I am running stuck here, 

A reset of the whole Deco system does not change anything (although it was said it should select the best channel(s) on startup again), I still get the error if I run it. 

Support (in NL) was not as helpful as expected as they point it to 'Cloud' issues and that I should check my ISP ??! 

I refuse to believe that a tool like interference scanning needs to have 'cloud' access.

Any others having these issue? I am getting more and more upset about the whole TP Link Mesh system (among other things, a lot of issues with ESP8266 / ESP32 connection as discussed in other threads) 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wifi Optimisation Failed
2024-04-12 11:38:32

@Martin010 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

As for the "Network Optimization", I saw a couple of similar feedback. Most feedback can't be constantly reproduced and was magically recovered by itself.

If you get a constant figure on "Network Optimization", could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

By the way, how many Deco M9 plus and Deco M5 in the Mesh system?

Can I have a picture of your network topology that could explain how Decos are connected together, via Wi-Fi or cables?

For the instability issue of the smart devices, have you tried to disable "Mesh Technology" for them, and turn off "Fast Roaming" and "Beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced?

Thank you very much and Best regards.

Options
2024-04-12 13:45:39 - last edited 2024-04-12 13:47:57

@David-TP 

Log's are send per email as requested. Below is a screenshot of the current configuration with the model numbers and how they are connected. The ISP modem is in "bridge mode" so the Deco is the main router here, not the ISP modem.

As for the IOT devices, I have these options configured as mentiond, and that seems to make it somewhat more stable however, it does not change the fact that a new device is always automatically configured to use the "mesh system" and therefore have difficulty's to connect on first attempt. it is therefore hard to change the settings of this device as it is not online (chicken -egg thing...)

r

Options
2024-04-19 05:55:41

@Martin010 

Hi, Thanks for your patience.

A new Deco IOS APP-3.7.26 was released a few days ago and it is suggested to update to the latest version first.

Disabling "Mesh Technology" on the Deco App will not stop new devices from connecting to Deco. Deco will not infiltratively send commands to suggest client moving to other Deco units. Some wireless clients don't support the 802.11k/v/r roaming standard and couldn't recognize the 802.11r-related information in the Beacon frames broadcast by Deco either. So sometimes you may find that these clients may disconnect from Deco's Wi-Fi network.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-04-19 09:22:35 - last edited 2024-04-19 09:25:54

@David-TP 

that version did not solve the issue. Still get the message that optimization failed...

what I meant with the mesh issue is that new clients automatically have this setting enabled. So it has to connect to the deco first before I can turn this setting off for the specific device. Chicken-egg thing if the device is not able to connect in the first place...

Options