Deco X73 on Plusnet and keeps dropping speed

2024-05-13 15:01:41
Model: Deco X73-DSL  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Helllo All, after some help if anyone can?

Had my Deco system working fine on my Plusnet broadband for a couple of years now, the Deco X73 with 2 X60’s. however a few months ago I started to notice a reduction in my broadband speed (usually get around 13mbps) it was dropping to below 6mbps. Kept rebooting the system and that seemed to sort for a while. Unfortunately, it is now dropping to less that 2mbps and no amount of resets or reboots sort it.

So I contacted Plusnet who checked the line and then they asked me to put the Plusnet router on to see how that performs and it connects at around 13mbps every time and stays at that throughout the day.

I connect the Deco system back up and drops to less than 2mbps after about 10 minutes every time, I am using the same RJ11 cable (and have tried swapping that) and in the same position for both routers.

Has anyone experienced this before, and is there anything I can do to try and resolve?

I spent a lot of money on this Deco system and cant really afford to replace it

Thanks

Ray

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X73 on Plusnet and keeps dropping speed
2024-05-14 08:11:29

@Ray1111 

Hi, Could you please help me check the DSL status when the DSL speed drops to less than 2mbps, such as:

How to check DSL sync status on Deco DSL model

A power restart of Deco X73-DSL usually helps restore the internet speed temporarily, right?

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue?

Here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Please make sure the firmware is up-to-date.

-The latest firmware for Deco X73-DSL now is 1.0.11 Build 20230911 Rel. 41777.

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

2. Change another DSL/RJ 11 cable if possible.

3. Go to Deco APP>More>Advanced>DSL Settings>DSL status>enable SRA

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-05-15 08:53:30

@David-TP 

Hi David thank you very much for your reply and help

I have changed the RJ11 cable on a couple of occasions now but no change with that

I have used the Deco app and selected the Update Deco but it returns ‘Your Deco Home Wi-Fi System is currently up-to-date. Enjoy’

However, it shows the current firmware Version to be, 1.0.9 Build 20230720 Rel. 51373 which does not match the version you have referenced. Is there a way to manually update the firmware in anyway?

I can replicate the issue by way of plugging the Plusnet Hub 2 to the DSL socket and running a speed test then removing the Plusnet router and installing the Deco router and running a speed test which shows the very low bandwidth.

I have now set up the Plusnet router as a bridge and used the Deco X73 in Router Mode, this works fine but not ideal as now I have 2 devices connected simultaneously and that is one of the reasons I purchased the Deco, to directly replace the service providers modem/router and implement a Mesh WiFi network

I will have a look on the internet to see if there is a new Deco firmware file and see if this can be manually applied to my Deco

Thanks Again

Ray

Options
2024-05-15 16:39:58

I have now upgraded the firmware manually

i will try and swap things back tomorrow (from router only mode) and see if this improves things

Thanks

RAy

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 3

Related Articles