Router for my Deco M9 V2 mesh

2024-06-20 14:53:03 - last edited 2024-06-20 14:54:59
Tags: #Network Connectivity #Deco Router
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.3

I have a Deco Wi-Fi mesh of 3 M9 Plus devices.  I'm due to move to full-fibre broadband, which will be supplied with an Amazon Eero router.  Security on the Eero is a subscription service, whereas Deco it's built-in. 

My questions are:

1. Can I get a Deco router (ideally with 4 gigabit ports on the back) that is compatible with the existing mesh network?
  2. Could this router then be the Main node of the mesh, leaving the 3 existing M9s working wirelessly?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router for my Deco M9 V2 mesh
2024-06-21 10:02:22

@Voojigig 

Hi,

At present, Deco models have at most 3 Ethernet ports on them. If you need more Ethernet ports, you can add a switch in between.

All Deco models can work together, you can add the new unit, and switch it as the main Deco. And the 3 M9s can connect to it wirelessly.

Can different Deco models work together?

How to replace the main Deco with another Deco

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Router for my Deco M9 V2 mesh
2024-06-24 14:05:07

@Sunshine 

Thanks for that. Sorry for the late response.

In the meantime, I did some digging and found that the X20 DSP (on offer at Amazon) should do perfectly (only 3 spare ethernet ports needed after all). 

The full-fibre isn't connected yet. So, I'll have to wait and see if it works the way I think it does....

Thanks again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 191

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles