How to configure which TP device connects to which TP Device,

2024-07-08 16:23:09 - last edited 2024-07-15 08:49:39
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.2

I have 3 devices in my house, 1 main and 2 extenders, the main is an M4 and one of the extenders is an M4 the other is an E4. 

The main is connected to the one in the back of my house and that in turn is connected to my office E4 at the bottom of my garden, however the E4 keeps connecting to the Main which is making he signal really low, and I want to know to re-organise to tell them which device to connect to.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to configure which TP device connects to which TP Device, -Solution
2024-07-08 19:46:35 - last edited 2024-07-15 08:49:39

@AndyC7 

You can try moving Satellite E4 and Main Deco M4 farther away from each other. When E4 can't establish link to Main Deco, it'll connect to Satellite M4 instead.

You can try to artificially temporarily decrease signal strength from Main Deco, people had success by wrapping Main Deco unit with few layers of household aluminium foil. When Satellites connect the way you want, unwrap foil.

Note that this Satellites connection will only work until one of Deco units is restarted, and in your case it does not matter which one.

Some Deco models allow to configure how Satellites should connect to each other, but with what you have this is not an option. Firmware on M4 and E4 you have does not support that configuration setting.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to configure which TP device connects to which TP Device, -Solution
2024-07-08 19:46:35 - last edited 2024-07-15 08:49:39

@AndyC7 

You can try moving Satellite E4 and Main Deco M4 farther away from each other. When E4 can't establish link to Main Deco, it'll connect to Satellite M4 instead.

You can try to artificially temporarily decrease signal strength from Main Deco, people had success by wrapping Main Deco unit with few layers of household aluminium foil. When Satellites connect the way you want, unwrap foil.

Note that this Satellites connection will only work until one of Deco units is restarted, and in your case it does not matter which one.

Some Deco models allow to configure how Satellites should connect to each other, but with what you have this is not an option. Firmware on M4 and E4 you have does not support that configuration setting.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 175

Replies: 1

Related Articles