Deco M9 Plus losing connection, not reconnecting after modem change

2024-07-15 15:58:13
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.3

Hi, I have a Deco M9 Plus that has been working great since purchase. However, my ISP recently replaced my modem (unprompted, no issues with the old one). Ever since the new modem has been in place, the M9 has been losing connection at least once a day, which was never an issue in the past. The Deco doesn't get a connection back unless I reboot / unplug.

I'm working from home, so this is obviously disruptive and a scheduled reboot wouldn't directly address the issue.

I've already contacted the ISP, and they can only confirm that:

1. The new modem is online, with uninterrupted connection

2. The don't see any issues on their side, or have any suggestions on what might be happening

3. The new modem doesn't have anything in the way of configuration I can change on my side that would address this issue

4. Deco should be connected port 1 on the new modem (confirmed it is)

5. Going back to the old modem isn't an option

Old modem (no issues): Hitron CDA3-35

New modem: Technicolor TC4400-AM

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus losing connection, not reconnecting after modem change
2024-07-16 01:40:19

I have a couple of updates:

This afternoon, the issue happened again. This time I was right by the modem and saw its LEDs go off and start going back on as it regained connection. The Deco's LED was solid red, the modem regained connection quickly and I waited about 10 minutes for the Deco to pick the connection back up; it never did until I unplugged and plugged back in.

I've checked the logs on the modem. Both the device itself and the ISP show uptime of 2+ days with no interruptions. However, the modem has a few events that align with the times this issue happened (file attached)

The modem's systime is 4 hours off from EST, so the relevant events are timestamped July 15 22:41-22:42 and July 16 0:04-0:06

File:
20240715_modem log.xlsxDownload
Options
Re:Deco M9 Plus losing connection, not reconnecting after modem change
2024-07-16 06:41:23

@eatableleaf 

Hi,

According to your description, it seems that the modem is not stable.

You can connect a wired device to the modem directly and test if the internet is stable or not.

If the modem is working well, you can also change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 on Deco.

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options