range extender problems

range extender problems

range extender problems
range extender problems
2024-07-29 13:14:55
Model: TL-WA854RE  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Hi first of all I could not find my firmware version on the device, I installed Tether on my phone went to tools-system as instructed on your site and there was no firmware version available.

My problem is when I use my extender it interferes with my virgin media super hub 3, altering my hardwired desktop computers to wi-fi- which do not have wi-fi so unable to connect to the internet.

I do have 2 tapo cameras on the wi-fi which has been working fine over the past couple of years without any problems. I installed another camera but needed the extender to pick it up, which it did no problem, but then started having problems with my router.

Question am I setting things up wrong or do I need a different extender

Options
2 Reply
Re:range extender problems
2024-07-29 15:39:21

@trexuk 

Hi,

Normally, once logged into a device via the Tether app you just tap on the large pictogram in the center of the screen that resembles your device and then a screen should open with the technical information of your device, including firmware version.

But given the description of your problem it seems you are not running the latest official firmware version, which is supposed to fix exactly that problem.
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/628396

Options
Re:range extender problems
2024-07-29 18:09:16
Hi thanks for the reply I have reset it and rerun the app and found the firmware it is 1.0.12 22-11-09 ref 31477n how and will I need to update it cheers
Options