my deco x50 limit my connection speed

2024-07-31 11:53:15 - last edited 2024-08-07 13:54:53
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0 Build 20231229 Rel. 43148

I've three x50 in my house. one of them located in my living room where is modem is located, and other one is located in my office with ethernet backhaul and other one is located in bedroom with wifi backhaul.

I've 1000mbps internet connection in my house, I got 950mbps in my office room with ethernet connection and 750mbps with wifi it is what excpected from it, but sometimes (whenewer when I download games or huge files) my deco x50 limit my internet speed to 100mbps until restart it. deco x50 (which is located in my office room) limits my internet while in living room has no problem.

my mesh and modems are located like this;
living room: modem and first x50 located in there and connected with ethernet.
office room: second x50 connected with ethernet backhaul with first x50. my windows pc connected over ethernet to second x50 (which is generally download files)
bedroom: third x50 located there over wifi backhaul with first one.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:my deco x50 limit my connection speed-Solution
2024-07-31 12:57:28 - last edited 2024-08-07 13:54:53

@BarisOz 

For troubleshooting purposes, it would help if you can clarify what do you have as a "modem:" is it just modem, or gateway? If you are not sure, give its brand and model number and I'll check that on Internet.

To make summary of your description:

Living room - good;

Bedroom - good;

Office room - issues, visible under high Ethernet link utilization.

--------------

If this summary is correct, the suspect becomes Ethernet cable which links Office room Deco with Living room Deco. Decos are unable to sustain gigabit link over it, and downgrade it to 100Mbps. 

Restarting Deco can bring link speed to default gigabit, but with high noise and packet loss over that cable Decos will eventually negotiate speed down to 100Mbps.

There are ways to test it further, but if you can just replace Ethernet cable between these two Decos, you should do that. Before doing that, unplug that Ethernet cable from both ends and plug it back, making sure it plugs tightly to Ethernet ports (does not feel loose). Sometimes that all it needs.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:my deco x50 limit my connection speed-Solution
2024-07-31 12:57:28 - last edited 2024-08-07 13:54:53

@BarisOz 

For troubleshooting purposes, it would help if you can clarify what do you have as a "modem:" is it just modem, or gateway? If you are not sure, give its brand and model number and I'll check that on Internet.

To make summary of your description:

Living room - good;

Bedroom - good;

Office room - issues, visible under high Ethernet link utilization.

--------------

If this summary is correct, the suspect becomes Ethernet cable which links Office room Deco with Living room Deco. Decos are unable to sustain gigabit link over it, and downgrade it to 100Mbps. 

Restarting Deco can bring link speed to default gigabit, but with high noise and packet loss over that cable Decos will eventually negotiate speed down to 100Mbps.

There are ways to test it further, but if you can just replace Ethernet cable between these two Decos, you should do that. Before doing that, unplug that Ethernet cable from both ends and plug it back, making sure it plugs tightly to Ethernet ports (does not feel loose). Sometimes that all it needs.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:my deco x50 limit my connection speed
2024-08-07 13:56:30

@Alexandre. thank you, as you said the problem was caused by me using cat5. i bought a cat7 cable and the problem was solved.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 279

Replies: 2

Related Articles