AX55-Getting 'invalid format' message on username field when attempting to update internet settings

AX55-Getting 'invalid format' message on username field when attempting to update internet settings

2024-08-05 02:06:49 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20231130 rel.36135(4555)

Hello,

I'm trying to adjust the MTU settings in the advanced router config to troubleshoot some connection issues I am having specifically while working from home on a work provided laptop and have noticed I am unable to save any changes to settings as I am getting an invalid format message on the Username field.

Oddly this username/password combo has been working fine (and continues to) for the actual connection since January - so no actual issues with the connection, just that I now can't save any changes to the other settings (notably MTU in this instance)

The username my ISP has given me is in the format <userID>@wba.nbnonline.com.au (where userID is an alphanumeric string of characters). It's a PPOE connection using the NBN in Australia. The ISP is More Telecom.

I wonder whether the @ character is causing the issue? I am wary of changing my username in the router config in case I can't get it to connect again, but am keen to be able to change the MTU. Again, this is the format that has been provided by my ISP and is currently working fine in terms of actual connection.

I'm on the latest available firmware for my region.

Any suggestions?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX55-Getting 'invalid format' message on username field when attempting to update internet settings-Solution
2024-08-06 08:24:41 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@NautilusN 

Hi

If you want to modify the MTU settings, please go to Web UI > Advanced > Network > Internet > Advanced settings (under release button).
Generally speaking, modifying the MTU setting does not involve username and it is normal for the username to contain @.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:AX55-Getting 'invalid format' message on username field when attempting to update internet settings-Solution
2024-08-06 08:24:41 - last edited 2 weeks ago

@NautilusN 

Hi

If you want to modify the MTU settings, please go to Web UI > Advanced > Network > Internet > Advanced settings (under release button).
Generally speaking, modifying the MTU setting does not involve username and it is normal for the username to contain @.

Recommended Solution
Options