AX72 Firmware update Aug 2024

2024-08-06 08:35:26
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20240619 rel.72016(4555)

The auto upgrade option appeared in the web UI login. As it was early in the morning and no one else was on, I just decided to install it. The brief notes mentions only two things; security and new features.

After it installed, the router rebooted and I went looking for the full list of the firmware updates.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/download/archer-ax72/#Firmware

The page with the router I have is above, but I'm on 1.2.6 and the last thing mentioned here is 1.2.4..... Where do I find the updated release notes?

I even checked the US page, but there is no matching version...

The router works, but I wanted to know what features now exist...

Options
3 Reply
Re:AX72 Firmware update Aug 2024
2024-08-06 21:31:57

@Lexifir 

I've not noticed any changes/extra features.

What I have noticed is a whole lot of bugs errors. 

I'm having loads of operation fails on the Web gui after first logging in and saying operation succeed. 

Went on the tether app and it was saying it was off line even though all lights are on and I'm connected 🤷🏼‍♂️  

All the family profiles shows online but all the graphs of online time are gone and all the visited and blocked websites aren't there. 

I have noticed on my tapo app I now keep getting network Unstable. 

I have the 1.2.6 update available do ibdare update that's the question 🤔.

Options
2024-08-09 16:56:19

I have seen that the Firmware - Archer AX72(EU)_V1_1.2.6 Build 20240619 - is now on the TP-Link downloads site, not just offered on the Router web page/Tether.

The details for this FW are not improved - it still just says two things:

New Features/Enhancements:
Enhanced the security of device.

I can find no information on what the new features/enhancements are, anywhere.

I have still updated my two AX72's to 1.2.6 from 1.2.4 - one is my network router the other is deployed as an Easymesh satellite connected via Ethernet backhaul - and they are working. It took a full network reboot and a wait of a few minutes before the satellite AX72 came online though. 

I have not noticed any changes to the settings and functionality that I use, no new screens or settings. It may be the changes are to do with Homeshield and I don't/won't bind my AX72's to a TP-Link ID, so I would not see those.

Options
2024-08-09 21:12:48

@TheRobinK 

I'm using my 3 AX72 as 1 main 2x AP (had to many issues running in easy mesh wired so went back to current setup and had 0 issues since. )

I haven't seen any new features, 

I may have not noticed them but pretty sure it looks the same on the Web GUI. 

Maybe admin may be able to clarify what new features/enhancements was added 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 431

Replies: 3

Related Articles