Deco M5 *2 + X50 as main...but my parent control feature (time limit) is gone!

2024-08-16 07:22:50
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3

Hi There, 

i used to have 2 *Deco M5 with physical line mesh, i have been using basic parent control with content / bed time/ time limit under homecare without any charge, and everything is just good enough without issue.

recently, i found my garage has poor network coverage so i add one X50 as main router and then re-allocate with physical line to M5*2 as mesh to make entire coverage , the signal is now all good. but i suddenly found some of basic parent control features , in my case the "time limit" is become subscription features that i thought it should be just very basic..... 

can anyone help if i can make X50 to remain just use homecare , i think those free features are just good enough , really no idea why i purchase more TP Link products but got such punishment to pay even more on monthly fee for those features i don't need.

X50 is obviously powerful to make it as main AP...i know probably if i use one of M5 as main AP and then i will be able to use homecare again, but it just doesn't make any sense...

many thanks!

Davx

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 *2 + X50 as main...but my parent control feature (time limit) is gone!
2024-08-20 08:19:19

@Davx 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

The applied network secuity kit follows the main Deco. As long as Deco X50 is set as the main Deco in router, the Mesh system will use HomeShield Security kit and currently it can't be compromised. Most of the newly released models are already equipped with HomeShield and it is also planned to introduce additional advanced features to enrich the HomeShield experience.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M5 *2 + X50 as main...but my parent control feature (time limit) is gone!
2024-08-20 13:39:56

@David-TP 

Will time limit become a default feature in home shield ?

I purchase x50 because it has 3 ethernet port to link my existing 2 *M5 , it will be nonsense if i use use M5 as mainAP to link only one wire X50 since the coverage will be back to it was...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 102

Replies: 2

Related Articles