Question about Network Setting

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good day everybody,

I already had a Deco meshnetwork, wired and wifi.

Deco X50 (1) with devices connected - wire of ten metres to another Deco x50 (2) where there are devices connected, then a cable of twenty metres where there is a deco X50 (3) connected (with also devices connected. Of course the Wifi is used as well.

Because have a lot more devices the last time, I bought two TP Link switches. I moved one Deco outside, because it is needed to update the car and for the charging equipment.

So my network is now like this:

Main Deco pod (1), two devices connected and one Tp Link switch (A). From this TP link (A) starts a long cable to the garage. There is a previous elsewhere placed Deco X50 (2) where there is a cable for the charging equipment and now also wifi for update of the car. From that very same TP link Switch (A) starts also an existing wire in the walls to the same spot where was previously Deco Pod (2), but now there is none anymore, so I placed there a second TP Link Switch (B) for giving wired internet to devides and there starts a existing cable to the other room where there is Deco Pod (3) and everything stays as it was.

My question: did I do something stupid because I did not want to buy this very expensive pods once again? Are there safety issues for internetsafety (possibility for hackers)?

Thanks for your answer,

Kind regards,

Robin H

Options
1 Reply
Re:Question about Network Setting
3 weeks ago

@Robin_H 

Hi Robin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

The topology you describes is fine, the Deco units should be working normally in this way.

And you have no need to worry about the safety issue.

If you meet any issue or concerns with the TP-Link devices, please feel free to contact support directly.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 58

Replies: 1

Related Articles