Using different location's firmware will damage the hardware with the same version like US v2.0?

Using different location's firmware will damage the hardware with the same version like US v2.0?

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.15

I bought two deco be85 in Japan and take them home in China mainland and I found it seems a little bit weak signal to cover my house with two kits. So I think if  I can flash a US firmware in the Japanese version (ignoring the law problems since I am in a signal cage won't disturb the social radar and other services) it will enhance my signal.However, there are two problems :
1.if I flash a US firmware with the same hardware version (US v2.0) in Japanese kit, will it damage the hardware or will the kit be listed to blacklist for warranty?
2.If I do not care warranty,can I flash the firmware I like with the same hardware version(US v2.0) (ignoring the law problems)for fun and researches?

I will very appreciate it if someone can answer two problems for me!smiley

Options
7 Reply
Re:Using different location's firmware will damage the hardware with the same version like US v2.0?
3 weeks ago

@scoltc 

Hi,

Using US version firmware will not help with this case.

If you update the US version firmware for your product, then we cannot provide the warranty for you if it has any hardware issue. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Using different location's firmware will damage the hardware with the same version like US v2.0?
3 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Hi sunshine

Thank you for replying me and giving useful advice.

However,I mean technically, if I try to find some difference between different location versions disconsidering the warranty. Can the product work normally with US version firmware? If it can , I wanna buy another one for research. I really wanna know the differenct features between different versions.

Options
3 weeks ago

@scoltc 

Hi,

The region code information is written into the product hardware.

That means that even if you upgrade the firmware to the US version on the Deco unit, it will not actually improve the situation.

But it will let you lose the warranty. That is why we do not recommend you to do it.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

OK, I understand it totally.

So it needs to me directly buy the US version if I need to use US version.

fine.otherwise,why some region do not allow user to manually decide which band to use?Is it because law problems or just cuz the coder just do not have finished it?

Options
3 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Also,I have another question. If I buy a Deco be85 in US. Can these (1 US+ 2 JP)three unit build a mesh net? If they can, which power limit will they work in? or they work in different power limit or they work in the Japanese one? otherwise, band switch function can it work specifically? or only the US one can switch the band manually?

Options
3 weeks ago

@scoltc 

Hi,

They will work in different power limit.

And Deco devices do not allow users to select channel manually.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Sunshine 

Thank you, it really helps me a lot,and makes me  feel not really anxiety. I will buy another one when it is possible.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 7

Related Articles