My 5Ghz signal is stronger and carrying further than my 2.4Ghz signal

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.15 build 20231229 rel 36756

Hi I've installed 3 P9's and for every P9 the 5Ghz signal is stronger than the 2.4Ghz - when I go away from the main it almost seems like the 2 satellite P9 dont have 2.4gz signal and Im depending on the main - I need 2.4Ghz from some of my satellites for digital external camera - some of which only operate on this channel - 1 5ghz camera has no issue at my preferred location the others lose signal at less than halfway distance between the satellite node and the intended location on 2.4Ghz - each mesh device says its 5ghz and 2.4ghz.. any ideas - I thought 2.4ghz was supposed to travel farther than 5ghz - 1 satellite location has a nearby tv - the other location has no electronic devices nearby and yet signal is as poor at each satellite locaiton? - Ive selected V2 of the hardware because I just bought the devices as it say version2 beside the model number but otherwise not sure how to tell what version of hardware it is?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My 5Ghz signal is stronger and carrying further than my 2.4Ghz signal -Solution

@David-TP 

Hi that suggestion seems to have worked I left the base network as 5Ghz only and setup 2.4Ghz on the guest network only - the 2.4Ghz signal now seems stronger at least as strong as the 5Ghz - thank you..

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:My 5Ghz signal is stronger and carrying further than my 2.4Ghz signal
2 weeks ago

@chickenco 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Did it help if you try to separate the 2.4Ghz from 5Ghz, such as:

1. disable the 5GHz under the Main Wi-Fi network.

2. enable the Guest network with another SSID on 5GHz only.

Have you tried to reset the Deco units and configure it again once before?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:My 5Ghz signal is stronger and carrying further than my 2.4Ghz signal -Solution

@David-TP 

Hi that suggestion seems to have worked I left the base network as 5Ghz only and setup 2.4Ghz on the guest network only - the 2.4Ghz signal now seems stronger at least as strong as the 5Ghz - thank you..

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 82

Replies: 2

Related Articles