Use of second IP on Archer 600

2 weeks ago - last edited Saturday
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have an Archer 600 V2 4G router and a Sky Q box.  My neighbour has exactly the same system.  Their router is in my house because I get better reception. I would like to set them up such that the routers can each be a backup for the other should one of them go wrong for any reason.  The problem I have is that if I just plug both of the CAT 5 cables for the two Sky Q boxes into one router then the sky boxes get confused and we start to get each others recordings on our Sky boxes.

It has been suggested that I might be able to use the 'second IP and subnet mask' facility that is provided by the Archer 600 but I have no idea

a) what IP address and subnet mask to provide and

b) how I would make one sky box use one IP address and the other use the other IP address and

c) if it would have the desired effect anyway!

Any ideas?

Thanks Allen

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Use of second IP on Archer 600-Solution
a week ago - last edited Saturday

@AllenK 

Hi,

What is the network topology?

Please provide more details about the feature you would like to set up so that we can assist you.

If you want to manually set up IP address for the two sky Q boxes, you can refer to its User Guide.

6. 4. IP & MAC Binding on Page 25.

And you can also set up static IP on the sky Q box. Please make sure the IP address is within the router's IP pool.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Use of second IP on Archer 600-Solution
a week ago - last edited Saturday

@AllenK 

Hi,

What is the network topology?

Please provide more details about the feature you would like to set up so that we can assist you.

If you want to manually set up IP address for the two sky Q boxes, you can refer to its User Guide.

6. 4. IP & MAC Binding on Page 25.

And you can also set up static IP on the sky Q box. Please make sure the IP address is within the router's IP pool.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 72

Replies: 1

Related Articles