Windows Laptop Having Issues Connecting to Internet when connecting to Wi-Fi mesh satellite node

Windows Laptop Having Issues Connecting to Internet when connecting to Wi-Fi mesh satellite node

a week ago
Tags: #Network Connectivity #Windows PC
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

I currently have the Deco X20 Wi-Fi mesh set up for my house in the following configuration:

1. Master node in router mode
  2. 2 Satellite nodes at different parts of the house
    1. one at the 1st floor; and
    2. another on the 3rd floor (there is still a line of sight connection with the 2 satellite nodes due to the sky light in the middle of my house)

In the current configuration, signal strength is generally strong, however, some Windows devices are having issues connecting to the internet when connecting the 3rd-floor satellite node. Interestingly, other non-windows devices, such as my phone, do not have this issue. My office computer which runs on Windows 10/11, also does not have this connection issue. Updating my computer's Wi-Fi driver, rebooting the mesh, or updating the mesh to the latest firmware, did not resolve this issue. This issue was not observed connecting to the other mesh nodes in the house.

Any idea how I may troubleshoot this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Windows Laptop Having Issues Connecting to Internet when connecting to Wi-Fi mesh satellite node
a week ago

@Not_So_FAST_152 

Welcome to the community.

When you mentioned that:

some Windows devices are having issues connecting to the internet when connecting the 3rd-floor satellite node"

Can I have more details? What kind of connecting issues, not able to connect to the WiFi, or keep disconnecting?

Would there be any error message?

By the way, Can I have the model numbers of these "Windows devices"?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options