TL-MR6400 v4 error upgrade

a week ago
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1

Hello,

I have a TL-MR6400 v4 00000001 with firmware 1.7.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 181214 Rel.49556n. If I launch a check for upgrade I can find the version 1.16.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 191223 Rel.66638n but when the modem try to install it I receive the error: error code 71211, it seems that you select a wrong file. Same error if I download the file from tplink site and upload it. Why this happen?

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-MR6400 v4 error upgrade
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@ypkdani 

Hi,

Please make sure you have downloaded the firmware for the right hardware, and use the .bin file in it to upgarde the firmware.

How to upgrade the firmware version of TP-Link Wireless N 4G LTE Router (new logo)

If it still does not work, please also provide a screenshot of the error message.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
a week ago

@Sunshine 

Hello. So if I try the upgrade online I receive the error invalid firmware.

If I download the firmware from tplink site and try to update it I receive the error 71211 as visible in the mail.

Options
Saturday

@ypkdani 

Hi, 

Thank you for the information.

When and where did you purchase the router? Did you get it from your ISP?
Please also check the version of the router. You can send me a picture of the label via message.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Sunday

@Sunshine 

Attached the label

Options