GE800 FAN

GE800 FAN

GE800 FAN
GE800 FAN
a week ago
Model: Archer GE800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20240528 rel.85215(5553)

I've noticed that the FAN is not always working

it stays off for long time , then it kicks off for a while , then again stops

i thought it should keep working continously , or is it will work at certen tempreture?

when i check the bottom of the router, its always so hot , specially where the CPU is located

Options
3 Reply
Re:GE800 FAN
a week ago

@Yousef17 

Most probably the fan will turn on itself at certain tempreture. "To tame the power of the high performance CPU, the Archer GE800 comes with active cooling fan cleverly placed between the antennas to exhaust the heat. That’s probably why the router feel warm to the touch as all the heat are exhausted here. On the bright side, it means less heat is trapped within the product and this should help to enhance the stability and extend the lifespan of the product."

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@terziyski 

Actually on the top where the fan is located between the antennas feels just little warm , and most of the time feels normal .

The heat I feel is in the down side of the router that is why I am worried, is it normal to be that hot, why the fan doesn't work more to get rid of this heat.??

Options
a week ago

Hello @Yousef17 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

terziyski is correct. The fan operates only when the temperature reaches a certain threshold. If it isn't running, it may be that the current temperature is within an acceptable range.

However, if you find that the router feels hot, it’s essential to ensure that it has adequate ventilation and is not obstructed.

If the temperature continues to be a concern or if the fan does not activate when it should, please help provide the below information, then we can investigate it further:

1. What is the room or ambient temperature at that time?

2. Whether any device was connected to the router's SFP port. If the SFP port is in use, could you provide an approximate temperature for the SFP port?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options