Compatibility between CPL and WPL wifi

Tuesday
Model: TL-WPA7817 KIT   TL-PA7017P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Currently my router emit wifi only on one floor with an acceptable debit, but even on the same floor some devices have difficulties to reach the wifi.

So what I thought was using a CPL wifi for the other floor, and use normal CPL for these devices that have difficulties to reach it. I would like to know if it possible to set up the TL-WPA7817, a wifi CPL, then add to it a TL-PA7017P alone with it. Will this work ?

If you have other configuration ideas, I'm open for your suggestions

Options
2 Reply
Re:Compatibility between CPL and WPL wifi
Wednesday

@Maem 

Hi

Is the other floor the same circuit as the room where the router is located?
If so, you could consider connecting the TL-PA7017P to the router using a wired connection, then pair it with the TL-WPA7817 placed on the other floor.

Considering that some devices on the same floor as the router also experience weak signals, it might be advisable to procure one TL-PA7017P and two TL-WPA7817 units. Once paired, position one TL-WPA7817 on the different floor and the other on the same floor where the signal strength is low.

Options
Re:Compatibility between CPL and WPL wifi
Wednesday

Hi @Joseph-TP ,

Thank you for your answer.

Normaly everything should be on the same circute.

I've done some tests with an old CPL I have, they are 500Mb CPLs. When I'm next to the rooter (which emits at 500mbps) I'm down to 40Mbps going through the CPL. 

Will newer CPLs have better performance ? (If I'm not plunging the old ones at the same time of course)

Can a setup like this work ? Plug the TL-WPA7817 base next to my rooter on the second floor, pair it with the TL-WPA7817 wifi emeter on the first and then pair a single (not in kit) TL-PA7017P in a room of the second floor ? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 34

Replies: 2

Related Articles