Unidentified Network and Public Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-03-06 02:13:09
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Actually I have a TP-Link TD-W8961ND I couldn't find it on the list

I had this router for about 18 months and the other day switching on my PC Windows 7 on the network icon on the system tray was a yellow Exclamation Mark and it said Unidentified Network. I opened up Network Sharing Centre, and there was no Home Network.

This is on my Desktop, there is a laptop that connects via Wireless that was not affected only my Desktop. I could see no way of changing this to Home Network and have no clue why it had changed to this picture showing a Park bench and public network.

I checked the router settings are they were fine nothing wroing with ip addresses and settings were as should be.

The only way I could resolve this was to do a Factory Reset and re enter all my details that was 3 days ago. Now 1 hour ago it just reverted back to the Public network and Unidentified. there is no link on the public network it is just text. I had to do another factory reset.

Any help or ideas as to why
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 541

Replies: 0

Related Articles