TL-WR1043ND As A Simple Bridge?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-31 00:27:57
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Is there any way to use the TL-WR1043ND as a simple bridge to another network connected via the WAN port (i.e. not routing)? I want the LAN on the TL-WR1043ND to be on the same broadcast domain as the other network and for devices to get their IP addresses from a DHCP server on that other network.

Also, do TP-Link make any kind of clustered access point devices so that I may have several access points throughout a building all with the same SSID? I want devices to seamlessly transfer their connection to the AP with the strongest signal without trashing the connections. I realise this sort of functionality is more common with enterprise level equipment but wondered if TP-Link had anything.
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WR1043ND As A Simple Bridge?
2014-07-31 11:16:58
The WAN and the LAN are two different logical ports. You can't simply put them in the same broadcast domain.

It is easy to meet your requirement. Disable DHCP on WDR1043, leave the WAN port empty, which means using the 1043 as a simple switch.

------------------
As to cluster

Buy TP-lINK Pahros CPE, see here http://www.tplink.com/common/Spotlight/CPE510.html
The new Pharos has a control software, which can be install on computers to control all the CPE.
There should be 2.4Ghz prodcut come out after CPE510.
But the Pharos is for outdoor directional use.

or

Wait for the TP-LINK EAP210 for indoor omni use. The product will come with cluster.

or

buy UBNT's
Options
Re:TL-WR1043ND As A Simple Bridge?
2014-07-31 17:28:33
@radvd Thank you very much for your reply. I was hoping that the device had a "bridge mode" like other routers I've used in the past. What you suggested might help though.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6025

Replies: 2

Related Articles