dual band question for Archer T4U adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-08-19 14:08:23
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : iPrimus

Hi. I have just installed the TP-link Archer T4U dual band wireless USB adapter on my Win 8.1 (64 bit) laptop. It installed fairly easily, but I have one question. My modem router is a NETGEAR DGND3700, which is a dual band modem router (2.4 and 5 GHz). On my computer, I can see both the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz listed when I go to Settings/Networks. However, in that Settings/Networks panel, only one of the frequencies is shown as connected at any one time. Also, in the T4U's settings panel, only one freq shows up as connected at any one time - when I tired to set both up as connected, it disconnected the other frequency. Should they both show up as connected? And if not, how does the adapter/modem router know which frequency to use? Or do I have to switch frequencies manually using Settings/Networks within Win 8 and the T4U software? Is there some way both frequencies can be broadcasting at the same time, please? With thanks, Andrew
Options