TL-WDR4300 crashes in every couple days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-13 16:59:04
Region : Others

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-WDR4300_V1_141113

ISP :

I've replaces my old Linksys router with TP-Link WDR4300. Unfortunately it was a bad decision as the WDR4300 crashes nearly every day. The router is upgraded with latest official firmware (published on 11/13/2014). I've also disabled Hardware NAT, 5GHz Wi-fi and Print Server but no change in stability. Every time the router crashes the web interface becomes unavailable and I have to unplug/re-plug the device to get it operating again. I've tested the device with another power adapter as well, but nothing seems resolving my issues. Please advise.
Options
6 Reply
Re:TL-WDR4300 crashes in every couple days
2015-01-14 03:29:40
Do you have base warranty? Sometimes we catch broken units.
Options
2015-01-14 17:25:17
Yes, I have warranty. Can someone confirm that this is a hardware issue? Will a new device resolve the problem? I've read that some people had the same issues even after replacing the router.
Options
2015-01-14 17:37:38
disable IPV6.

PS: When the router is frozen, can you ping its LAN IP address? can your computer still obtain a IP address?
Options
2015-01-14 17:40:15

prasmike wrote

Yes, I have warranty. Can someone confirm that this is a hardware issue? Will a new device resolve the problem? I've read that some people had the same issues even after replacing the router.

If it still doesn't work, just contact the retailer who sell this unit to you and get a replacement. Or call the support and tell them the problem with details, they will arrange RMA for you.
Options
2015-01-16 16:43:35
FYI: Many threads reporting similar issues suggest disabling WMM on the router. When I've tried this solution, my overall internet speed dropped exactly of its half. Re-enabling WMM restored my full internet speed. This suggestion is a no go for me. Now I'm testing the router with IPv6 disabled, I'll report on the results in a couple days...

Generally speaking: disabling core features is nonsense because at the end I'll have a blinking paper weight. A product should deliver what it's advertised. It's not meant to those who are trying to help me, as I really appreciate that... it's rather meant to TP-Link.

Regarding warranty: I've emailed TP-Link via the contact form. Questions should be answered within 48hrs referring to their site. Since nothing happened, I've called to local TP-Link customer care as indicated on the contact page. Again no response just 10 minutes of waiting. Now I've opened a ticket to see if it has any effect.

BTW, here is one of TP-Link's core values: "TP-LINK is built on quality both in product and especially in service. We aim to provide the best products that we possibly can and support those products with a service that reciprocates that same amount of quality that we strive to provide our customers." ...yeah, sure
Options
2015-01-18 18:23:07
UPDATE: Disabling IPv6 support seemed to increase the speed of the router but it still crashed after about 2 days.
Options