TD-W 896 1ND has to be switched off and on when desktop is booted

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-24 12:35:37
Region : India

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : v3

ISP :

I have an TD-W 896 1ND modem
S/N12B79706091
A0F3C1867486

This is connected to my Win 8 64 bit (up-to-date with all updates) PC by cable but another PC and 2 smartphones are connected by WiFi. This modem was working fine about 18 months. Now, the last 4 weeks or so it has become erratic. The problem is this:

Once the desktop to which it is connected by cable is shut down, the modem stops broadcasting. Even after the PC is booted the modem is not working. The Power, ADSL, internet, WLAN lights are on, but not blinking. When I ping 192.168.1.1 it is not detected. To work, the modem has to be switched off and on. Then it works fine, stay connected till the PC is booted..

Since then I upgraded the firmware and reconfigured the modern, running the software. Nothing works.

What is the problem?

What is the solution?

I searched the net. But could not come across a solution.

Thank you.

chackoka
Options
2 Reply
Re:TD-W 896 1ND has to be switched off and on when desktop is booted
2015-01-24 14:13:12
So strange...If you disconnect the WIndows 8 and connect the other PC to the router via cable, will the same problem occur?

If it does, maybe it is time for a new router.
Options
Re:TD-W 896 1ND has to be switched off and on when desktop is booted
2015-01-24 14:47:55

Tobacco wrote

So strange...If you disconnect the WIndows 8 and connect the other PC to the router via cable, will the same problem occur?

If it does, maybe it is time for a new router.

I haven't tried that yet. Shall try and post the result. If it is to be replaced, TP Link will give me a replacement, hopefully :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 2

Related Articles