Wireless network disappearing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-19 04:13:34
Region : Spain

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : v1

ISP : ONO

I am trying to get WiFi extension to work but am running into a problem. Automatic cloning didn't work properly so I downloaded the utility and manually copied over SSID and password of my current network and rebooted the device.

Before rebooting I used a WiFI Signel Strength app on my Android tablet to detect existing signals and the device turned up with a signal strength of -31dBm
After changing the settings and rebooting I no longer get a decent reading - in fact, the reading I get (-89dBm) is the same as when I disconnect the device.

I have tried resetting and re-entering the changes to make sure no mistakes were made
I have tried setting the channel to the same and to a different one from my router - no result
I have detected the IP address of the device changes to 192.168.1.1 after changing the SSID and password to that of my network. Since this is the same as my router's IP address I have tried to change the IP address on the device, but could not.

Changes I have made:
Wireless > Wireless Settings > SSID > home network SSID name
- Channel (auto, same as home WiFi, different from home WiFi)
- Both checkboxes marked (radio & Broadcast) > SAVE
[*]Wireless > Wireless Security
- WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK key > PSK Password > SAVE
[*]Reboot
When I manage to get into the device settings after reboot (complicated because of the IP conflict) I cans ee everything is set as mentioned, but I cannot detect the WiFi signal boost I should experience on the home network.

Please advise how I can get the WiFi range extension to work with the same SSID and Password as the existing network.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireless network disappearing
2015-04-16 17:25:45
Big BUMP - I could really do with some input..!
Options
Re:Wireless network disappearing
2015-04-17 14:20:39
The extender is in your main router's Wi-Fi range? You'd better use different channels for them.
If turn off the main router's Wi-Fi, how about the signal strenght picking up from the extender?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2569

Replies: 2

Related Articles