How to control wifi bandwith on the TL-WR710N when used in access point (connected to LAN)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to control wifi bandwith on the TL-WR710N when used in access point (connected to LAN)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-21 01:18:11
Region : France

Model : TL-WR710N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : latest

ISP :

Hi,
I am renting a flat next door and I would like to "control" the bandwith used via this Wifi my renter used.
Up until now, if the person decides to download all day, all my bandwith is taken and I have problem to access TV and internet at home.
My TL-WR710N is connected on my wired LAN and from there creates a wifi network (access point mode) and I saw that there were options to put a max and mini bandwith but it is not available when using the router as an access point.
Any help possible on that?
I would only give that wifi access to the renter so I can prioritize my network instead of suffering from his.
Is there another way to do it?
Thanks,
Pebrok
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to control wifi bandwith on the TL-WR710N when used in access point (connected to LAN)
2015-02-21 19:47:16
It's impossible in this configuration. WR710 is only Access Point. You can configure it on main router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 509

Replies: 1

Related Articles