TP Link 841N - Slow WiFI speeds again

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-22 03:48:02
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have used many of these routers before with few problems, but just got a batch of 20 and it seems 1 in 3 to suffer from slow WiFI speeds, principally affecting download (upload seems less affected)

With a 100 MBps connection, a 'good' one can give 30 or 40 Mbps consistently, while a bad one struggles to give 5 or 6 and the speed test graph is very peaky. Immediately swapping back to the good one, and things are as before. If the incoming internet speed is limited to 5 Mbps (for example using a Ubiquiti wireless client with 5 Mbps data rate limiting switched on), the 'bad' units struggle to achieve 1 Mbps, whereas a 'good' one will work at 5 Mbps.
It seems that download speeds of the dodgy units are around one fifth of input capacity.

All settings are the same, same firmware and hardware version, same channel, same bandwidth, same SSID etc. I have swapped back and forth enough times , and tested on different devices to confirm that there is a definite problem.

I have also tried the latest firmware, to no avail (in fact it seemed to make matters worse)

Anyone else seen this?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link 841N - Slow WiFI speeds again
2015-03-23 15:03:23
The speed of wired connection to WR841N is normal or not?
Channel width is configured as 40MHz? What's the connection speed getting on wireless clients?
To figure out if a specific router is abnormal or not, you'd better test in the same environment with the same client.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 499

Replies: 1

Related Articles