Chromecast can't be found by Chromecast App in network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-28 03:37:47
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 3.15.9 Build 140724 Rel.63227n

ISP :

Hello, TP-Link forum!

As I was trying to set up my Google Chromecast dongle in my network, I ran into a very annoying issue.
The initial setup works fine, until the Chromecast App (phone) tries to connect with the Chromecast inside of the network.
More detailed: The Chromecast connects with the correct WiFi pass and also is listed under the connected DHCP clients after connection, but the App (supported phone with Android 5.0.2) can't find it after connection.
I already had a phone call with the Google Play Support; I was being said that I should turn off all IP/MAC-Filters and AP-Isolation and that I should turn on UPnP, but that did NOT help.

Is there anyone who could help me with that issue?

Here's my setup by the way:
- TL-R460 connected to my cable providers WAN for internet access (DHCP on)

Firmware Version: 4.7.4 Build 100618 Rel.52590n
Hardware Version: TL-R460 v4 1001225B

- TL-WR841N connected to TL-R460 as client to act as an wireless access point (DHCP off)

Firmware Version: 3.15.9 Build 140724 Rel.63227n
Hardware Version: WR841N v8 00000000

- Google Chromecast (Model H2G2-42)

Greets,
knork
:)
Options
1 Reply
Re:Chromecast can't be found by Chromecast App in network
2015-03-30 11:21:09
The firmware 130506 will work with chromecast. You can try to load that firmware and use it temporarily if it is urgent for you to use chromecast.
http://www.tp-link.com.de/support/download/?model=TL-WR841N&version=V8#tbl_j
If you want to get a beta firmware to solve such a issue, you can ask for it here. :)
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 762

Replies: 1

Related Articles