Deleting a ssid profile creating a repeater

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-13 02:42:22
Region : Canada

Model : TL-WR941ND

Hardware Version : V5

Firmware Version :

ISP : Videotron

Hi I have 2 issues

1st issue I just bought a new router TL-WR941ND V5 and I have created a profile (SSID NAME: TL-WR941ND) and after a couple of days for some reason I have created another one (SSID NME: TP-LINK). My issue is I cannot remove / delete my old profile TL-WR941ND even after reseting the router or going in Win 7 in (manage my wireless connection). When I connect to this profile I see it in (manage my wireless connection) I delete it but it’s comming back on the list in internet access.

What should I do?

2nd issue When I connect to my good profile TP-LINK and what to enable WDS so I can use my old router (the same TL-WR941ND) as a WIFI repeater, I check box the enable and click on the survey button I can see a few wireless connections in the AP list but I don’t see my good profile but I see my old profile TL-WR941ND which is suppose to be deleted after resetting my router and go to Win 7 in (manage my wireless connection).

What should i do?

Very annoying and frustrating. :mad::(

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deleting a ssid profile creating a repeater
2015-07-13 11:52:36
First, to remember or forget a network profile depends on a client itself instead of a router. Normally, if we delete the old profile and don't reconnect, it won't show up on profile list.

Second, follow the guide below to configure WDS. You don't need to enable WDS on the root Wi-Fi router.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-227.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 818

Replies: 1

Related Articles