Multiple Access Point with the same SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-28 05:55:27
Region : Switzerland

Model : Archer C9

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have a ADB Broadband router from my internet provider in the basement, dhcp enabled, wifi disabled.
Cat-6 cables go from this router to the 2 floors in the house.
At each floor I have an Airport extreme connected to these cat-6 cables installed in Bridge mode with the same SSID, security and psw and I’ve disabled the dhcp.

The Airport extreme are quite old and therefore I wanted to replace one of them with an Archer C9.

In order to keep the current wifi setup I’ve connected the ADB Broadband router with a Cat-6 cable to one of the Ethernet ports of the Archer C9.
The Archer C9 has a static address in the same subnet of the router and has the dhcp disabled.
I’ve defined the same SSID, security and psw as the existing apple devices for both the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi on the Archer.

Unfortunately, my mobile devices (ipads and iphones) do not connect with the Archer wifi.
I tried to reset the connection to the SSID by “forgetting the network” and connecting again but it didn’t work
[*]I disabled the 2.4 or the 5 GHZ wifi but it didn’t work
[*]Only by defining a new SSID name I was able to connect to the Archer.
[*]If I define the original SSID name for the 2.4 GHZ wifi and a new SSID name for the 5 GHz wifi I’m able to connect to the 5GHz but not to the 2.4 GHz wifi.
Any ideas how to solve the issue?

Thank you very much

Olivier
Options
2 Reply
Re:Multiple Access Point with the same SSID
2015-07-28 11:45:25
C9 is configured as an access point and WAN port is not connected, right?
Channels on airport extreme and C9 are auto? Can you fix different channel for those near to each other?
Besides, try to uncheck “Enable WMM” on Wireless Advanced page to see if it helps.

By the way, firmware version of your C9 is up to date?
Options
Re:Multiple Access Point with the same SSID
2015-07-30 01:16:01
Hello Mavis,I've tried everything you suggested without solving the issue. I've also switched off the old airport so that no interferences are possible.By the way the fact that it works perfectly if I change the SSID name shows that the problem is somewhere else.What I've noticed is that if I extend the wifi by adding a new airport with the the apple software I can select an existing SSID that I want to extend instead of having to type it.With the tp-link I haven't this feature and I've to type the SSID name: Couldn't this generate some conflicts?Thank you very much
Options