Access Point DHCP configuration for Archer C8

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-25 18:49:08
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My home network has a fiber-optic router that connect to Ethernet and has a DHCP server, but the wireless doesn't work quite well, so I want to configure an Archer C8 as an access-point.
If I connect to my ethernet network as it comes, you can connect wireless and use the internet, but I have a problem with DHCP: all machines connected to the old network uses the DHCP from the main fiber-optics router, but the machines that connects to the C8 get the values from the C8 itself. I have been following the advises for the C7 as in http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?80127-Archer-C7-as-Wired-AP-Bridge.

If I disable the C8 DHCP server, the machines that connect to the C8 can't get IP addresses, even when I change the LAN address and configure the same subnet as the fiber-optic router.
I have configured the DHCP of the C8 to start higher than the fiber-optics DHCP, but I would like to have a more reliable solution.

Any ideas from any network magician?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Access Point DHCP configuration for Archer C8
2015-08-26 17:13:41
all machines connected to the old network uses the DHCP from the main fiber-optics router
What's the IP address and default gateway obtained?

When C8 is working as an access point, you should disable its DHCP... Did you connect the router to LAN port of C8 instead of its WAN port?
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?78963-Can-someone-post-their-settings-config-file-for-Archer-c7-v2-as-an-AP&p=156734&viewfull=1#post156734

What's the firmware version of your C8?
Options
Solved
2015-08-28 00:15:28
Thanks a lot, you solved my problem: I was connecting the C8 to the router on its WAN port, instead of using the LAN port. Now it works as expected!!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1318

Replies: 2

Related Articles