What is Error code 3008

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

What is Error code 3008

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
What is Error code 3008
What is Error code 3008
2015-11-07 03:15:20 - last edited 2019-10-12 01:10:14
Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have 7 hosts in my WLAN and want to allocate an IP address to each according to known MAC's, in the range 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.106. Everything was OK but for one of them:
I enter "Address reservation", "Add new" and fill "MAC address:". Now, when I fill the "Reserved IP address: " I get always the error:

Error code: 3008
The entry conflictes with the existing IP & MAC Binding entries.

[FONT=arial]This happens even if the place in the table for the IP I want is void

Any help? Thanks[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[/FONT]
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:What is Error code 3008-Solution
2019-10-11 22:20:42 - last edited 2019-10-12 01:10:14

I had a lengthy chat with tp-link support, who advised me to reset everything to factory defaults. Then I could do the address reservation without the error code. But I lost all my settings, of course.  Fortunately, I had saved my configuration first. So I read it back in, and of course my new address reservation was missing.

After trying stuff for several hours, I exited ARP bind mode (because I didn't really need it), and that solved the problem. The tp-link support person could have told me to do that, and my problem could have been solved in seconds instead of taking the better part of a day.

I suppose if I really want ARP binding, I could turn it back on, now that my address reservations are made.

--Sarge

@Artur Penedo 

Artur Penedo wrote

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have 7 hosts in my WLAN and want to allocate an IP address to each according to known MAC's, in the range 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.106. Everything was OK but for one of them:
I enter "Address reservation", "Add new" and fill "MAC address:". Now, when I fill the "Reserved IP address: " I get always the error:

[FONT=arial]This happens even if the place in the table for the IP I want is void

[/FONT]

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:What is Error code 3008
2015-11-26 17:28:13
This may means you have already add it to IP and binding list.You can check it.
Options
2019-10-10 02:24:35
I get the same issue. What would be the fix, please? And is there a list somewhere of TP-Link error codes? Thamks!
Options
2019-10-11 07:47:27

@sgerbode 

The same error code? 

If so, from the error message, it is clear that the IP address you assigned has been used by other device already. 

You can change another IP address within the DHCP range. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:What is Error code 3008-Solution
2019-10-11 22:20:42 - last edited 2019-10-12 01:10:14

I had a lengthy chat with tp-link support, who advised me to reset everything to factory defaults. Then I could do the address reservation without the error code. But I lost all my settings, of course.  Fortunately, I had saved my configuration first. So I read it back in, and of course my new address reservation was missing.

After trying stuff for several hours, I exited ARP bind mode (because I didn't really need it), and that solved the problem. The tp-link support person could have told me to do that, and my problem could have been solved in seconds instead of taking the better part of a day.

I suppose if I really want ARP binding, I could turn it back on, now that my address reservations are made.

--Sarge

@Artur Penedo 

Artur Penedo wrote

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

[/FONT]

Recommended Solution
Options
2019-10-12 01:09:47

@sgerbode 

Hello, thanks for your reply, glad to hear that you figured it out finally. 

And thanks for your sharing, it helps those who have the same issue. 

If need any further help, please let us know. 

Best regards. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4188

Replies: 5

Related Articles