Not seeing 5GHZ SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Not seeing 5GHZ SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Not seeing 5GHZ SSID
Not seeing 5GHZ SSID
2016-01-17 01:19:02
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have just installed the Archer C50 rounter and have both 2.4 and % GHZ enabled and configured with different SSID. However my Win7 and Win8.1 laptops and my TP-link WA860RE extender do not see the 5GHZ SSID. They all see and connect to the 2,4G with no problem. Other then the SSID names both 2.4G and 5 G and using the default values.I did some Google search and found out that I need dual band adapters to connect to the 5G. Both my laptops do not have dual band adapter. I am not sure about the WA860RE. My question is:
Is there anyway to see the 5G SSID without the dual band adapter. I need to know if the 5G of the C50 is actually working.. If yes, then I will spend the money to buy a USB dual band dongle. If not, I'll have to return the C50 for repair or exchange.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Not seeing 5GHZ SSID
2016-01-17 12:16:38
Hi,

No, without a 5GHz adapter you can't see the 5GHz signal of your C50 !

I don't see any reason to believe your C50 is not working well...
Options