Wrong firmware installed? - TL WA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-23 06:35:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I was trying to configure the TP Link Extender (TL-WA850RE) and, after some problems, I decided to update it. After updating and "Congratulations" message, page went white and start reloading without success.

My router version is 1.25, so I installed latest version of 1.20. I read in a forum this was the correct one, but I guess it wasn't because now I can't go to configuration page or use the extender at all.

Is there any solution for this? Another way to go to configuration page and completely restore the extender? Or it won't work anymore?

Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wrong firmware installed? - TL WA850RE
2017-08-23 10:34:11
you can press the reset button on the extender and hold it for a few seconds, usually you will see all the leds flash on and off. that means it's restored to factory default. Tried a few more times, if it does not respond
Options
Re:Wrong firmware installed? - TL WA850RE
2017-08-24 00:06:06
After thinking what could be the problem, I found what happened. When I installed the new version of firmware, IP changed. That's why I couldn't go to the page of the router.

I looked for the new IP of the router and could log in.

Thanks for your answers!
Options