chumbaLV1Online
Following: 0Followers: 0
Forums/ Deco
2020-11-18 16:41:12
Re:Access point mode with same SSID as isp router. Still need bridge mode/ip passthrough or not?
Well, I just disabled 2.4 and 5ghz wifi on my isp router.. now the 5ghz wifi seems to be missing on my devices (can't connect to 5ghz). 2.4ghz SSID is still fine and broadcasting. I have 5ghz and...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2020-11-16 18:25:52
Re:Access point mode with same SSID as isp router. Still need bridge mode/ip passthrough or not?
@Alexandre. Sounds simple enough to me! I just hope nothing weird happens when I disable wifi on the ISP router (hopefully all connected devices will auto learn to connect to the deco access point...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2020-11-16 16:20:46
@Alexandre. Thanks, when you say turn off wifi is that simply disabling the 2.4 and 5ghz wifi in the settings on my ISP router? .. no need to put into bridge mode and/or ip passthrough? I have the...
1HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2020-11-16 06:39:39
@TP-Link_Deco Thanks for the reply. To reduce the interference from two same SSIDs then in my case (all 3 decos in AP mode), should I change the SSID of the deco and (even when in AP mode) and assign...
1HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2020-11-15 03:41:03
Deco in router mode + isp router mode. Any interference is keep both active?
I may run the deco m4 in router mode alongside my old isp router (both routers active), so i have different devices connected to different routers. Is this recommended, and will there be any...
0HELPFULS
Forums/ Deco
2020-11-15 03:30:43
Access point mode with same SSID as isp router. Still need bridge mode/ip passthrough or not?
if i set the deco M4 up as access points (i have the 3-pack), can i set the SSID the same as my ISP router's SSID? Will there be interference? Do I need to set up ip passthrough or bridge mode in...
0HELPFULS