HS100 pre-sale question - on/off timer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-09-06 14:27:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Is it possible to shut down the plug from an android tablet with a simple command, with a programmed delay (shut off after 10 min.) and also to power the plug on instantly with a simple command? (Simple command means an icon/button on the homescreen that will do the command).

Thank you
Options
4 Reply
Re:HS100 pre-sale question - on/off timer
2017-09-08 07:58:46
To my knowledge Kasa doesn't not provide this feature. My app (click on my name here to see details) supports that when you run it as a hub.
Options
2017-09-11 09:55:12

costinr wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

Is it possible to shut down the plug from an android tablet with a simple command, with a programmed delay (shut off after 10 min.) and also to power the plug on instantly with a simple command? (Simple command means an icon/button on the homescreen that will do the command).

Thank you

Yes you can do that with the HS100 smart plug. It has timer or schedule features, and you can simply tap the on/off button on the app to turn it on/off, or use voice command to do it with Alexa. But it may not compatible with android tablet. the app is mainly designed for mobile phones, android or iOS, iPad is fine.
Options
2017-09-11 21:10:55
I'm not sure you've answered his questions:

He asked if there's a widget - there is not, though perhaps it's possible to define and use a scene.

He asked if there's a simple "sleep" feature where you turn the switch on (e.g. a fan) can it turn itself off automatically after a given time (vs a schedule). It needs to be done manually using the device timer each time. I suppose "simple" is subjective - I'd define simple as one click.
Options
2017-09-13 23:57:15
Thank you, I'll try the plug and the proposed software.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 573

Replies: 4