HS110 - Kasa says DEVICE UNREACHABLE at 1m from wifi router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-13 10:07:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello folks! HS-110 looks awesome device, but, there is this problem, it's unreachable.

I set up it to use in my minining rig, the wifi router is at 1 meter of distance, devices was configured successfully.
Suddenly, few minutes after my rig is turned on, the HS110 is unreachable. Reopening Kasa shows the device off-line too. The lights on device is all green.

the moment it's stop working

after reopening the app

How to debug that? What I can do? Is device with defect?

Cheers!
Options
7 Reply
Re:HS110 - Kasa says DEVICE UNREACHABLE at 1m from wifi router
2017-12-15 11:50:18
When Kasa showed the device offline, did your phone still in the same network with your plug? After configuration, you should enable romote control first.
Options
2017-12-16 00:25:23
Yes, same network. The HS110, my smartphone and router are close enough too, 1 meter range one from another.
There is some way to debug that?
Options
2017-12-19 13:57:43
a reset and reconfigure would resume the connection on the plug?
remember to enable remote control this time.
Options
2018-02-27 22:17:10
Hi ! I have the same problem with my HS110 Smart Plug. I set them all 6 and when I start them I have the same problem..

DEVICE UNREACHABLE

When I use 1 smart plug everything is perfect, when I start the second one all my plugs are offline. I tried with 2 routers TP-LINK and TENDA. Same problem.. Have you ever found a solution?
Options
2018-03-02 02:57:44
Hi, Just would like to join, I have the same problem. For me it started when I changed my Wifi network. When doing the new add to update the Wifi settings everything worked well until last step, then the app says that a new firmware is availabel and the only choice is to "update". So I did but only after a second the update was stopped with a message that I could do it later.

But shortly after that the name was grayed out and the plug is considered "unreachable". The diode is solid green.

Seems like there is a need for a "hard" reset or something, any tips would be most welcome...
Oh, and I am using the TP-Link C9 router and this is my 2nd smart plug, the first one performed the update and is now in operation.
Options
2018-03-02 03:13:18
Solved! At least for me....
Read in another post that a factory reset could be a solution when you are stuck. This is simply done by holding down the reset button (yes the same button...) and keep it down for at least 10 seconds. After that proceed with the "add" procedure. It worked for me!

Thanks!
Options
2019-11-27 02:21:05

@Mecken 

This is like restarting your pc when it had issues. Surely there is a more technical expalantion of this problem.

I have 3 of these 2 work lile a charm one is not reachable all on same network.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10644

Replies: 7

Related Articles