App can't control device on external network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-14 13:56:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've just purchased a number of these plugs (HS100) and have set it up per the instructions. I can control the device on the location network (same as the plug is connected with) however once I leave my network and use the Mobile network , I receive the following error:

Device Unreachable
Your device may be powered off or out of network range.

I would be extremely disappointed if this doesn't work outside of its connected network. Hopefully there is a setting that I'm missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Iphone 8S running IOS 11.2.1
Options
7 Reply
Re:App can't control device on external network
2017-12-14 20:35:37
If you want to control the plug outside, you should enable remote control first.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-946.html for your reference, please see the last step.
Options
2017-12-15 04:26:48
I have already done that.. Still the same. When I tried to turn off or on Remote control, there is a popup message that states "Invalid URL" but can't see what the URL is.
Options
2017-12-15 05:13:05
I've already tried that, but get "Unsupported URL" when trying to toggle the remote control option. The Remote option will not toggle on or off, it is constantly on!

Also get the message "cloud send cmd failed" when I manage to switch it off.

I think there is an issue with the Kasa app.
Options
2017-12-19 13:03:43
I'm having the same problem. I double and triple-checked that the 'enable remote control' is switched on. Then, when I'm on a different network, it still says that the device is unreachable.
Options
2017-12-20 11:14:13
Sounds strange. With" remote control" is switched on, if still can't access the device outside, better contact support team, maybe they can find out what happened to you.
Options
2017-12-22 16:50:19
Hello
I have been facing the same problem, the remote control shows that it is on, but is not reachable.
I think I will have to call the support team.
Thanks for the help Anton.
Options
2017-12-28 02:40:59
When you are at your local WLAN - the Smart Plug will work with Kasa App directly without any need to communicate to the Internet.

To be operated from remote, the smart plug Needs to communicate with the TP-link Server in the Cloud.

- maybe a stupid questions

do you have the access to the internet restricted, maybe with a list of allowed adapters?

Do you have a Proxy to connect to the Internet, which requires authentication, or blocks certain ports?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 828

Replies: 7

Related Articles