Alexa: cannot connect with TP-Link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-18 16:28:38
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I´ve connected Kasa with Alexa (IOS11.2.1). At the first time everything worked satsifying. But now it depends on luck: sometimes it works sometimes not and I get the information that alexa couldn´t connect with tp-link.
All hardware has the latest firmware-version.
I´ve paid a lot of euros for 10 sockets and if they don´t work steadily they are worth nothing for me.What can I do?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Alexa: cannot connect with TP-Link
2018-12-16 17:40:01

I have the same issue.. everything connects fine (I have the MR200 750 4G LTE router), all except Alexa.. she has connected randomly.. but noticed Alexa has an DHCP IP address, but cant connect through to the internet.. also on my XBOX one I have a Doubke NAT issue.

I've updated the firmware to the latest issue and still Alexa wont kick through the router and connect to the internet..

Any help / suggestions would be helpful.

Options
Re:Alexa: cannot connect with TP-Link
2019-01-10 15:20:02

Hello,

I have the same issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Activating TP-Link devices with the KASA APP is working properly but Alexa is not realiable.

I have contacted TP-Link and all they recommended I did already during the initial setup:

- Activate remote control on the devices

- Update firmware

- Make sure Alexa and the TP-Link devices are all on the same WLAN network

For me it looks like a timeout issue. If Alexa cannot connect to the TP-Link device in a given time Alexa answers with an error message ...

Regards

Uli

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2306

Replies: 2

Related Articles